July 22, 2008

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I am now 23! It was a fun birthday- nothing too spectacular happened, but it was great nonetheless. Neil took me to breakfast at Angie's in the morning. That place is always so good! Then, I had to go into work (blah), but my mom took me to Hamilton's for lunch, so it wasn't that bad. Except for the air conditioning at work was broken, so that was lame. Anyway, I got home from work and Neil had washed my car for me and cooked me dinner! I know, all of his siblings are saying "yeah, right, Neil cooking dinner?" But it's totally true. He made me chicken cordon bleu (I know, fancy) and mashed potatoes with salad. And then he also made this way good caramel brownie cheesecake for dessert. I had no idea I was married to a chef- now that I know, I think I'm going to ask for help in the kitchen more often. After dinner, we walked over to the movie theater and watched a movie. It was all in all, a great birthday. Thanks, Neil! You made it great!

4 comments:

Crystal and Dustun said...

i seriously thought that was a bought cake, it looks good! so umm Neil I'll be nice to you if you cook for me the next time i am in town! Happy birthday Kami! enjoy your food and clean car!

Becky said...

I'm glad to hear your birthday was so fabulous. I honestly thought that was some fancy restaurant cake. Plus he made you dinner, wow! I didn't know Neil had that in him, he's been hiding it from us all these years! We love having you in the family Kami! Happy Birthday!

Jacque said...

That cheese cake looks so tasty. Could you send a piece to Michigan. Happy Birthday.

Kami said...

Happy (late) Birthday Kam! I finally got a chance to come look at your blog...it's interesting to read about your life seeing as I mostly only know about the soccer side of you guys :-)
-Kami Macey