February 8, 2009

Windows 7


So, the other day I was bored, and when I get bored, I usually completely remake/redo something. I decided to format my hard drive and install the beta version of Windows 7.

And I'm glad I did!

We have been using the 32-bit version of Windows XP on the computer I built last year. Unfortunately, that meant I couldn't use all of my 4 GB of RAM, so I've never been able to enjoy my computer as much. Now with Windows 7, I can!

I like Windows 7 because it acts more like a Mac than past versions of Windows. And apparently, it already has fewer compatibility issues than Vista. Though some of my programs I haven't figured out how to install.

Anyway, thought you techie-folks would enjoy that!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I didn't even know you had a PC, Mr. Mac! I'm a little jealous about the Windows 7. Maybe I'll have to come check it out sometime.