October 9, 2009

Moving Day

Neil and I just moved to Layton last week, and this is the first time I've been able to post! It's been a little crazy, what with moving to a city we've never lived in before, starting new jobs, finding out that we're 3 minutes away from Tai Pan Trading (YAY!), recovering from the flu (me), recovering from food poisoning (Neil), and in general, trying to figure EVERYTHING out. The actual moving day went really smoothly, which was a big bonus. It was UEA weekend, so Tom talked/coerced/bribed two of his friends to help us move everything. They said yes before they found out that we lived on the third floor of an apartment building and also that we own the second heaviest bed in Utah. (Neil's brother Dave owns the first heaviest bed.) Neil's parents came, along with my mom, and they were a huge help! I was recovering from the flu so that whole day was a pretty big blur, but we got everything moved on Thursday and we were completely unpacked by Saturday. Neil got food poisoning Saturday night and was able to recover to start his first day of work on Monday. I'm sure there is so much more we're going to learn in the next couple of months, but it's been interesting so far and it'll continue to be an experience. Wish us luck!

It wasn't quite this bad, but it kinda gives you an idea. If we had had 2 more boxes, I don't think we would have been able to get everything down there in one trip!

1 comment:

Missy AKA Little Messy Missy said...

You are a hop, skip and a jump away from us. If need any fresh eggs let us know. I hope I get to run into you.