November 22, 2009

Turkey Trot

This Saturday, I was able to participate in the Turkey Trot 5k with my mom! This was her first race ever and she did AMAZING! The fun run was located in Smithfield and started at 10:00 am. The race started and Mom started off really fast up the hill. We slowed down to a better pace and she never stopped the whole race. We were able to cross the finish line at 49:42, which is super great for her first race! We celebrated by getting some breakfast at Angie's. I am so proud of my mom for setting this goal and completing it. She did amazing and was so strong- it can only go up from here! Good job Mom! (I also want to give props to Sly and AJ for finishing first in their divisions!)

Before the Race
Coming into the finish line
Almost there...
We're done!
After the race... let's go to Angie's!

2 comments:

GGMA said...

That is the greatest ever!! Congratulations to both of you,and especially Marilyn.

Missy AKA Little Messy Missy said...

Great job!